Friday, November 25, 2011

Attacked by the "BUSYS" or My Failure as a Blogger

Okay, REALLY?! I cannot believe that I have completely defaulted on the whole blog thing! In my defense, I did say that I didn't know if I would actually be a good blogger at the very beginning. So to the few of you that are kind enough to ask me about "Ye Olde Scratching Post"--thanks for asking. I am going to try to do better--a whole SERIES of moments have passed without my written acknowldegement which is not acceptable to me at all. I have let the "busys" keep me away...and as one who has publically (if this blog counts as "public") stated that I am striving for EPICNESS, it is (as I've said before) not acceptable. As I stated in my first post, people blog, tweet, and FB all KINDS of nonsense--and I didn't want to be lumped into the "over-poster" group. I haven't even been on FB since May, but at least I've been on it this year, unlike this blog! BTW, if you've friended me or sent me a message on FB, please accept my apology for ignoring you--it's not personal it's the "busys" that got me.

How do I bring you up to speed? Is it even possible? The FLASH in the pan that is referred to by the masses as "2011" is nearly over. Done-zo. UNREAL how fast this one passed! I choose to believe that it's because the "busys" just consumed SO much time and energy. I know that people say that when you get older, time passes faster. But, the reality is 24 hours is 24 hours, right? It's just how we use those hours, minutes, seconds, that makes a difference. Ever had an entire day get away from you?! I used to say (and HAVE said as recently as last week) that I can tell if the day's going to be a wash or not by noon. Anyone else?! Have you ever felt like time "stood still"? Be it a good or bad time--there was a pause in that moment. The "busys" cannot take over your MOMENTS. Ever taking a walk with a kid--they take a moment to observe each crack in the sidewalk, find ladybugs, look at airplanes, converse with strangers about the eating habits of their dogs (or is my kid the only one that does that?!)? They can CREATE moments out of thin air--any moment can be a moment for a kid. Maybe that's why we feel like the time is passing faster as we age--we've stopped creating moments...and have chosen to wait for them to occur instead?

Well, I've been failing as a blogger because I haven't taken a moment to jot down a thought...waiting for the right (read: perfect) time. And I just realized that I've been doing so in vain. So, here's to creating moments, friends--let's create some together! And death to the "busys"...may they die in your world too!

Grace & Peace,

Kat




2 comments:

  1. Amen Sista! This is so true and I'm sure rings true with so many.... Thank YOU for taking time to create moments this Summer with me and my girls... We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spoken, as is usual for you. Once you have a fool-proof method for killing the "busys" please pass on, I can't wait to murder that one! And enjoy your moments, as they come... do the rest of us a favor and remind us of some moments this upcoming year too, just so we don't forget the beauty we are meant to behold.

    ReplyDelete