Friday, February 5, 2010

Her Epicness?

I haven't blogged since I started this thing, which is one of the reasons that I was reluctant to become a blogger anyway... A few of of you have asked where my posts are, and to be honest, I've been asking myself the same question. While I could make a list of plausible reasons why it has taken so long--studying for the CPhT Exam, two children under 4 constantly demanding my attention, choosing to SLEEP (read: SHOWER) during my spare moments, etc. All of these are true, sometimes they were all going on at the same time, but bigger issue is that I had blogger's block (TRADEMARK!). Now, I could have posted LOTS of random thoughts, but I couldn't string them together in a coherent stream. So it would have ended up being like "blogger's tourettes" (TRADEMARK!). And I didn't want to subject any (potential) reader out there to that....nor did I want to have written documentation on just how random some things pop in and out of my head.

Here is a snapshot of the everything and nothing that went on since my last post...

1. I was on a 21-Day Fast. It wasn't my first, but it was different. Learnings: it's better to just juice if you're not going to eat the things that you want/crave. Pineapple & celery are a DELICIOUS combination. When you're fasting, goldfish smell GREAT and you really have to do a mental workout to keep yourself from eating them. Chicken fried bacon with gravy just DOESN'T appeal to me no matter how many days its been since I've eaten! (Sidebar--the man that "invented" it should just be stopped! That is NOT right!!) There is a LOT of emotional eating going on in my life and in the lives around me. Tough cycle to break. Finally, I missed cooking more than I missed eating. How weird is that?

2. I truly understand the phrase, "acting like a 3-year-old" and why we commonly hear three used and not another age. Interesting age, three...but I'll explore that one on another post.

3. I needed more boxes to put the same Christmas decorations away that I unpacked. I'm an expert box-packer and I didn't purchase anything new. If you can figure that one out, please let me know in the comments section because it makes NO sense to me. If you hang Christmas lights in your child's bedroom, they will NOT want to take them down--also, consider it a new tradition, because you will NOT be able to decorate again without hearing "Where are MY Christmas lights?".

4. So, I'm starting a business. I actually have two irons in the fire. I'm still working on framing, but I do need prayer and will share more very soon.

5. I am seriously considering taking the plunge into the world of homeschooling for a couple of years anyway. Which means I REALLY need the business thing to work out. Anyone out there already doing it and want to share some info? If so, please email me!

6. I spent a lot of time studying for the CPhT boards over the last several weeks and passed it this Monday. THANK THE LORD! It was hard in a way that is difficult to explain. The most that I can say is that while I was taking it, I thought, "I am praying that I pass this thing, because I have NO idea how to study for it later even after seeing it! This is madness!" I'm a CPhT! Job, please?

About the "epicness" thing...every now and then, people pass on instructions to post things in their FB status (bra colors for breast cancer awareness, quiz results, "causes", etc). I usually don't get the instructions until after most of my 'friends' have posted all of this weird crap that doesn't make ANY sense. Then hours later when I find out what the "status update" thing of the moment is, it all comes together and I feel like I'm a day late (and sometimes I AM a day late). By some miracle, I found out what the latest "thing" was before everyone that I know had done it. (If I'm actually late to the party again, PLEASE don't tell me...let me have my delusion.) It was to go to Urban Dictionary, look up your name and post the meaning that you find in your status. (If you are actually a facebooker and haven't already done this, get thee to www.urbandictionary.com and get busy!) One friend was surprised to find her name, and I was intrigued enough to do it. So, this is what I found when I looked up Kathryn:

The most amazing, kick ass, beautiful girl in the word. She does everything and more, a most kind and loving girl who will never betray you. She is full of endless passion, adorable, cute, energetic, funny, and above all, trust worthy. She never gives up, and always does her best. Everything about her is amazing. Beautiful to the extreme, she is a perfect being that even the gods are envious of.
Example: "Look, it's Kathryn, all bow down before her epicness!!!"


Her epicness?! OH MY! My first thought was WOW, I want to meet that chick! What a definition...what a GOAL... I certainly hope to achieve EPICNESS in every area of my life. If I could be defined in this way by my husband, kids and closest family & friends--it would be AWESOME. So watch out for my EPICNESS everybody! Maybe I'll blog about it while I'm on the journey...

1 comment:

  1. Your husband and kids think that you are both epic and AWESOME. We actually refer to you as royalty.

    ReplyDelete